Let’s talk about how to add helpful affiliate links to your blog posts. So that you can make more money, while helping your reader at the same time.
Because your blog is a business. And the easiest way to make more money in any type of business is to offer things and products that actually help people.
Here’s how to boost your affiliate income by being the most helpful resource for your audience that you can be.
10 Ways To Add Helpful Affiliate Links To Your Blog
There are several ways that you can add more helpful affiliate links to your content. There are many benefits to affiliate marketing, beyond just making near-passive income.
Benefits of Adding Affiliate Income Streams
Once you have a platform (such as your blog) and an audience, affiliate income can be very passive.
There is no product creation, no maintenance, no delivery, and no customer service required.
Affiliate marketing is a great option for earning income from your blog and if it’s done well; honestly and authentically, it’s a win-win-win for everyone!
- You earn a percentage of the sale by the company
- The company is has a new sale from a customer that they might not have normally been able to reach
- The customer learned about a product from you that they may not have known about
So how could you incorporate affiliate income streams to your blog without being ‘salesy’ or icky, but in a way that is actually a win-win for you and your readers?
10 Ideas: How & when to add affiliate links
There are a few cool ways I think you can incorporate affiliate links into your blog in a helpful and valuable way to your audience:
If you mention a product or service naturally in your content
Perfect opportunity – you’re already mentioning this product or service and some of your readers will want to know more.
1. Create a text link in your blog post linking to the affiliate
2. Create an image link in your blog post linking to the affiliate
3. Put the link in your youtube video description linking to the affiliate
4. Put the link in your social media post description linking to the affiliate
If you’ve just tried a product or service and you’re telling everyone about it
You’re already talking about this product or service and some of your readers would love to be introduced too.
5. Create a review blog post
6. Create an image link in your blog sidebar linking to the affiliate
7. Create an image link in your blog’s sidebar linking to your blog post review of the affiliate
If you want to introduce your audience to all of your favorites.
This is actually just being really helpful. I know if I find a blog I love, I’m interested in what the blogger loves and buys herself.
8. Create a ‘favorites’ round-up post of your favorite products.
9. Create a round-up post of your favorite product comparing it to its competitors
10. Create an affiliate online store (of products your audience might enjoy within your niche) all linking to the affiliates product page
Where to find affiliate programs
To get started finding affiliate programs to join, check out the Affiliate Program Directory.
Also, think of some products, services and/or shops that you use and love and that your audience might like to!
Then see if that company has an affiliate program by doing a quick google search.
Affiliate marketing is very popular and most businesses and stores will have information on their website how to become an affiliate.
Wait! The Tech has me confused?
If you’re looking to incorporate affiliate links into your WordPress blog but you’re feeling a bit confused, I have a tutorial that should help you: How to add a link (including affiliate links) to text and images in WordPress.
The Ultimate Blogging & Affiliate Marketing Course Bundle
Be Your Own Blog Boss is the #1 course collection for bloggers who are ready to earn more money.