Start monetizing your online presence immediately by sharing products you use and enjoy and which your audience might too.
You can add affiliate income to your blog by simply adding your custom links to your blog or website (or instagram, youtube channel, email newsletter – or anywhere online) and earn a percentage commission for every sale you refer.
Benefits of Adding Affiliate Income Streams
Once you have a platform and an audience, the process is very passive. There is no creation, no maintenance, no delivery, no customer service.
This is such a great option and if it’s done well, honestly and authentically, it’s a win-win-win for everyone!
- You earn a percentage of the sale by the company
- The company is has a new sale from a customer that they might not have normally been able to reach
- The customer learned about a product from you that they may not have known about
So how could you incorporate affiliate income streams to your blog without being salesy or icky, but in a way that is actually a win-win for you and your readers?
There’s a few cool ways I think you can incorporate affiliate links into your blog in a helpful and valuable way to your audience:
If you mention a product / service naturally in your content
Perfect opportunity – you’re already mentioning this product / service and some of your readers will want to know more.
1. Create a text link in your blog post linking to the affiliate
2. Create an image link in your blog post linking to the affiliate
3. Put the link in your youtube video description linking to the affiliate
4. Put the link in your social media post description linking to the affiliate
If you’ve just tried a product / service and you’re telling all your friends because you’re that excited
You’re already talking this product / service and some of your readers would love to be introduced too.
5. Create a review blog post
6. Create an image link in your blog sidebar linking to the affiliate
7. Create an image link in your blog’s sidebar linking to your blog post review of the affiliate
If you have a heap of favourite products that you think your audience will like to be introduced too
This is actually just being really helpful. I know if I find a blog I love, I’m interested in what the blogger loves and buys herself.
8. Create a ‘favourites’ round-up post of your favourite products
9. Create a round-up post of your favourite product comparing it to its competitors
10. Create an affiliate online store (of products your audience might enjoy within your niche) all linking to the affiliates product page
Where to find affiliate programs
To get started, think of some products, services and/or shops that you use and love and that your audience might like to!
Then see if that company has an affiliate program by doing a quick google search. Affiliate marketing is very popular and most businesses and stores will have information on their website how to become an affiliate.
Wait! The Tech SetUp has me confused?
Looking to incorporate affiliate income in to your WordPress Blog but are not feeling that crash-hot manuvering your way around your site? You might like to check out my WordPress course!
PS – If you’d like to join my affiliate program and earn 40% commission for every sale on sugarandcode.com you refer, you can apply here!
Cheering you on,