Start monetizing your online presence immediately by sharing products you use and enjoy and which your audience might too.
You can add affiliate links to your blog by simply adding your custom links to your blog or website (or instagram, youtube channel, email newsletter – or anywhere online) and earn a percentage commission for every sale you refer.
Benefits of Adding Affiliate Income Streams
Once you have a platform and an audience, affiliate income can be very passive. There is no product creation, no maintenance, no delivery and no customer service.
Affiliate marketing is a great option for earning income from your blog and if it’s done well; honestly and authentically, it’s a win-win-win for everyone!
- You earn a percentage of the sale by the company
- The company is has a new sale from a customer that they might not have normally been able to reach
- The customer learned about a product from you that they may not have known about
So how could you incorporate affiliate income streams to your blog without being salesy or icky, but in a way that is actually a win-win for you and your readers?
10 Ideas: How & when to add affiliate links
There’s a few cool ways I think you can incorporate affiliate links into your blog in a helpful and valuable way to your audience:
If you mention a product or service naturally in your content
Perfect opportunity – you’re already mentioning this product or service and some of your readers will want to know more.
1. Create a text link in your blog post linking to the affiliate
2. Create an image link in your blog post linking to the affiliate
3. Put the link in your youtube video description linking to the affiliate
4. Put the link in your social media post description linking to the affiliate
If you’ve just tried a product or service and you’re telling everyone about it
You’re already talking this product or service and some of your readers would love to be introduced too.
5. Create a review blog post
6. Create an image link in your blog sidebar linking to the affiliate
7. Create an image link in your blog’s sidebar linking to your blog post review of the affiliate
If you want to introduce your audience to all of your favourites
This is actually just being really helpful. I know if I find a blog I love, I’m interested in what the blogger loves and buys herself.
8. Create a ‘favourites’ round-up post of your favourite products
9. Create a round-up post of your favourite product comparing it to its competitors
10. Create an affiliate online store (of products your audience might enjoy within your niche) all linking to the affiliates product page
Where to find affiliate programs
To get started finding affiliate programs to join, think of some products, services and/or shops that you use and love and that your audience might like to!
Then see if that company has an affiliate program by doing a quick google search. Affiliate marketing is very popular and most businesses and stores will have information on their website how to become an affiliate.
Wait! The Tech has me confused?
If you’re looking to incorporate affiliate links in to your WordPress Blog but you’re feeling a bit confused, I have a tutorial that should help you: How to add a link (including affiliate links) to text and images in WordPress