How To Create a Circle Bio Photo For Your Blog Sidebar
1. Go to PicMonkey.com and click on ‘Edit’ at the top of the screen. Choose the picture you would like to turn into a circle.
2. Click on ‘Resize’ on the left (near the bottom of the options). Change the first number to 250 (this is the size we use in our demos). Then tick ‘Keep Proportions’ and ‘Apply’.
3. Next click on ‘Frames’ (on left hand side – looks like an actual picture frame). Then click on ‘Shape Cutouts’.
4. Choose the Circle (or any other shape!) then click and drag the circle where you would like it. Then tick ‘Transparent Background’ and ‘Apply’.
If your starting image was rectangle and threre’s now a lot of clipboard showing, I’d recommend cropping the image – this will make sure there’s no extra white space when you upload it to your sidebar.
Click on ‘Basic Edits’ (right at the top) and click ‘Crop.’ Click and drag the crop tool so the image is nice and centred. Then click ‘Apply’
You’ve created your circle blog pic! Now you’re ready to download it.
5. Click ‘Save’ at the very top to save it to your computer. Keep the file as a PNG (so you’ll have a transparent background) and click ‘Save to my computer’
Upload Your Circle Bio Photo To Your Blog Sidebar
1. Go to ‘Media” > ‘Add New’ and import the image you just created.
2. Copy the image URL.
3. Go to ‘Appearances’ > ‘Widgets’. Find the ‘Text’ widget on the left and drag it into the ‘Primary Sidebar’.
4. Paste the following code in like the image below:
<img src= “IMAGE URL GOES HERE” /> <br>
<img src= “http://sugarandcode.com/wp-content/uploads/blog-Profile.png” /> <br>
5. Underneath the code you can add your welcome message.
*If your profile picture is displaying a small icon instead of an image, please check you have the right quotation ( ” / “ ) marks by deleting the code and typing it out again!
Cheering you on,